Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday's bowl


Today, I made a bowl from scraps of raku clay... I'm not sure how it will turn out or even if it will survive the rest of it's journey to completion. There was some stress around some of the joined coils when I removed it from the form but...I added slip and little smashed balls of clay...sort of like bandaids...so, we'll see. I also made a back up wing for another experiment...oh, and a funny little christmas ball....for next year.

I've been thinking that if I blogged my progress in the shed I might be more motivated...or maybe have somewhat of a sense of obligation to make something every day.. or so.

I had decided to paint a little on the fireplace each day I was in the shed but I just didn't feel very painty today...I felt hungry...so I came home and ate a chinese dumpling...it was delicious..and am now trying my hand at blogging...this is somewhat of a miracle...it was just recently that I realized that pixels had nothing to do with fairies.

That's it....tomorrow I'll try and post a picture of The Bowl...or maybe tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! A blogger! This will be great motivation and fun for us to follow your creative process!! Just the kick in the pants I need as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love your sculptures. I had to do a blog for a class in summer semester, but I confess I have not kept up with it (and all that spare time??). You have a purpose and I think this is just swell.

    ReplyDelete