Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Egg and Hoe Update and Throwing with the Granddaughters

There has been an awful lot of life that happened since the egg and hoe experiment.  Alas, the experiment container was pushed to the back of the refrigerator and, well, it still makes me shudder.  The sulfuric stench, the rotted egg yolk and the smirky, pristine silver charms...well, there really isn't much to say....other than.....don't try this in your kitchen!

On a happier, less smelly note....the grand daughters came to visit!!!
They were amazingly helpful in the studio and threw lovely pots and drew  fantastic pictures for me (and of me!)...we went on a lot of walks and discussed gazebos and dogs and life in general...it was nice.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny- recently (for my 65th) the girls bought a necklace for me. It came from Figs and Ginger in Asheville. She's a silversmith, using recycled silver. The necklace the girls got was a dark finish. I emailed her and exchanged it for a bright finish. She has a workshop on their property. Check out her site on the web. Artist to artist, I think she may give you pointers to get the dark finish.

    ReplyDelete