Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Full Moon, Blue Moon, Lunar Eclipse Goddess



I braved the cold shed today because I had this idea that I just had to make.  Since I'm almost out of clay, she's made out of two different colors of clay...the dreaded pink and raku clay.  The dreaded pink is actually my favorite to work with and is most lovely until it is bisqued...then it turns a sickly, palely pink...which definitely motivates me to get the glazing done quickly.  Anyway,  today I made a goddess of my own.  With so much going on with the moon on New Years Eve, it seemed sad not to make something to celebrate what surely must be an auspicious beginning to a new year....so... the full moon, blue moon, lunar eclipse goddess has been conjured.  She will be holding two full moons over her head that make an eclipse...once I figure out how I'm going to attach them!  I carved some waves on the base of her and put beads to hang little stars from down her sleeves...I'm fairly excited.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see her finished! Perfect, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete