Wednesday, September 29, 2010

At Last! A Complete Nativity!

I think that part of what draws me to raku is it's unpredictable nature.....the humidity, temperature, dew point and tides can all effect the outcome......well, maybe not the tides and dew point but who knows?
But then, the little miracle of digging through the ashes and finding not one but three (5, counting baby Jesus and the angel wing) pieces that made it!
That sort of go together in color!
That didn't crack!!!
That's my favorite part....the part I really have no control over...oh, and the smell. I absolutely love the smell....it's sort of like lapsang souchong tea...which I've been told is an acquired taste.
Go buy some and just stick your nose in the box....lovely!
If you're the brave sort.... have a cup.  It tastes very different than it smells and it's best with nothing added.

No comments:

Post a Comment