Monday, June 6, 2011

Next Tile Up

So.... this is the somewhat boring "next tile up". It's a bit hard to tell what parts are raised and what parts are carved...but, it's the trunk of the dancing tree and the torso and head of the larger Undine.
I redrew the rest of the tiles today and rolled out more slabs but, I have to put things on hold for a few days and go to work.  Hopefully, everything will be all moist and flat and happy in their plastic wraps and weights until Friday.... then, I'll carve the rest of the series.
I'm also thinking that I'll to do the same design.... only instead of carving clay away I'll add clay... really, this is all just another big experiment.
I have this picture in my head and now I'm deciding how best to make it out of clay and then raku fire it and have it not warp...or break....or be too many random colors.... and not too heavy to hang on a wall....  I truely love this!  

...and then I was thinking....
...this design would be really cool as a quilted wall hanging.

 Oh, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment