Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Glaze Test and the Smoke Alarm


Since the reduction kilns are still in progress, I'm trying out cone 10 glazes in oxidation....these mugs are some tests I did.  The brown one is a more amber color in person and coffee looks really pretty in it...the green one has nice crackles going on in the inside and the blue one in the back starts out green at the rim and then looks like blue glass melted in the bottom of the mug...it's nice but a bit narrow.
Now, about the smoke alarm....it started beeping at 2 this morning....I stumbled around for a while trying to figure out which alarm was going off...no luck...too much echo, too much delay between beeps and too sleepy to pinpoint it.
After a few hours of not at all good sleep I got up and discovered it was the alarm that some dingbat put at the top of the stairs.  I can't even begin to figure this one out...where should I put the ladder (if I even had a ladder) when there's no wall to lean it against.....and this just in....the ceiling is vaulted so a really larger than life ladder is needed.
I was hoping it would wear itself out while I was at school today...no such luck.....6 PM and still going strong.
I'm so not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment