Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Break

I've had a nice three weeks off from school....most of it I spent in beautiful Atlanta.


I did go to an incredible raku workshop with Charlie Riggs (raku artist extraordinaire) in SC where I made these...naked two step raku wall buttons....I have great plans for this process!


....and these...ferric chloride wall buttons.....this was a seriously fun and somewhat dangerous process....but, my mom has a respirator (for dying things with lye....'cause that's just what 80 year old women do) so I'll be using that and making very cool things.







I also got in some raku with my friend in Winder and finished these icon boxes!


...and then I drove back up to NC...where two turkeys were standing outside my front door. Apparently they spent the past three weeks admiring their reflections in the door because they made me a turkey poop door mat....lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment