Thursday, March 20, 2014

An Egg and A Hoe

 It's like this....I made a sweet little icon of Saint Dorothy, a patron saint of gardeners.  She's all smoky and ferny and greenish...alas, the only gardening charms I have are very bright silver...not at all pretty against her smokiness.
So, I googled turning bright silver black and found this egg business that I thought I'd give a try...since I actually had an egg (the other suggestions involved liver of sulphur which just sounds horrid and odoriferous).
Here's what I did.
I hard boiled an egg, tossed the white part, smashed up the yolk, laid a paper towel over the smashed yolk, placed the silver hoe and rake on top of that, closed the lid and put it in the refrigerator...I'll post a picture of the results tomorrow.
Keep your fingers crossed, light a candle, sing the alphabet backwards....


No comments:

Post a Comment