Thursday, May 29, 2014

While He Sleeps

Sweet baby Winter sleeps a lot...which is good for now.
The ladies from Moondancer Reality loaned me a really large playpen so he can hang out (and sleep) in the gallery while Annie and I work...although it seems like I spend quite a bit of time in his pen with him!

I have been trying to find this lovely red clay I got a few months ago.  Everything about it was wonderful, the color, the way the glazes looked on it, the way it felt to work with....alas, no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Of course I didn't save the box, or the numbers, or the name...arrrgh!  Phil found a random box of discontinued (of course) red clay last week and I started making these large fruit bowls that had been meandering around in my head for a while.  As I was loading the bisque kiln, I realized the clay fired at a cone we don't use.....none of our glazes have been tried at that temp and I was going to have to fill the kiln.....with things that most likely weren't going to turn out very nice.
Thanks to a mostly sleeping puppy, I filled the kiln with hand built fruit bowls....and wonder of wonders...they all turned out amazing, beautiful, my favorites yet!
now.....to find more cone 5 red clay.....





No comments:

Post a Comment