Monday, January 26, 2015

Moving

Good things about moving:
Making a space you never imagined living in feel like home.
Redefining what "home" means.
Leaving something that has lost the "home" feeling.
Bad things about moving:
Purging even more things to make the move lighter.
Adjusting to a new normal.
Leaving memories (and hoped for memories that didn't happen).
Not caring if anything breaks because you've moved so much all "treasures" are gone anyway.
Changing your address...again.
Finding young people with good backs to help.
Stairs.
Using plastic containers instead of boxes because you realize nothing is permanent.
Being the kind of person who needs permanent.

I don't like moving, I want a forever home that no one can take away from me...I want to plant something and see it bloom...I want people to use ink to write my address in their address books (does anyone, other than me, still use an address book?)...I want to plant asparagus...I don't want to eat it...I just want to be somewhere long enough to harvest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment