Sunday, September 11, 2011

At Last...Wings!

Well....the beautiful crackle white angel I made in July of 2010 has finally earned her wings!
The ones I made for her originally didn't make it through the raku fire and I've been at a loss over how I was going to replace them (the original wings were mostly black with white crackle spirals....pretty, but too same and same).  These wings were an experiment that made it!  I used a technique that I wasn't sure would stay together through the raku fire...and since I wasn't sure the wings were going to survive at all....I used a glaze that froze during the winter...a glaze that usually turns shiny blues and greens but now is matte earth tones (however, I didn't know that was going to happen...I only knew "they" say to throw away glaze that has frozen)....LOVE it!

I did use a shiny (nonfrozen) glaze on the dots in her wings..... so there is a little sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment