Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm Just Not A Short Hair Person

Sometimes I like things to stay the same. Sometimes I get a bit bored and I need a change. Sometimes, if there's too many changes, I get antsy and this is never good.

While I was sitting in the shed today (waiting for the kiln to hit 750 so I could close it ) I started fretting about moving and changes and packing and where Peter's going to end up and how to find a place to rent with a 200 lb dog and how to pay for school and rats (because as long as you're in deep worry you might as well add rats to the list) and I knew I was getting antsy ....so, I decided to be safe and just change the look of my blog.
 
With my total lack of computer skills, I hit the button to make "Advanced Changes".  I poked a few buttons, messed with a dial thingy that let me invent my own colors, considered a flippy photo option and spent a stupid amount of time looking through random fonts. Then I made everything look more simple....I'll live with it for a bit and then probably change it back.

When I feel like me again.

I decided changing my blog was probably better than cutting my hair off. (which is a very bad decision I've made several times in the past when I get all antsy)  I usually do it myself, with the kitchen scissors (because I don't want to ruin the sewing scissors...I know, there is nothing normal about this...but this is deep antsy I'm talking about)......Then, I have to spend a year with a scarf on my head while people look at me all sad because they think I have cancer and I don't have the nerve to tell them I'm just not a short hair person.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you cut your hair when you were, what, about 19 or 20. I also remember how upset you were. DON'T DO IT - it will make you sad. I love your beautiful red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats are worry-worthy ANY time. I hope your blog redo soothes you.

    ReplyDelete