Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dog Socks and Wild Turkeys

After one too many falls down the stairs, I found some non-slip dog socks for my big dog Rufus.....he looks a little odd but he can move around the house now without his legs sliding out from under him!  This is good.

The Road
Last night I was driving up my very steep, bumpy, somewhat scary road and six or so (never try and count things while driving up my road) wild turkeys ran out of the woods and then ran in front of my car the rest of the way up to my house.  They were very funny looking ....sort of plucked and leggy and worried......then I got a little worried.  What if they were fierce?  What if they wouldn't let me out of the car.....what if they were like geese?

I had a goose once.  His name was Ubu. My parents gave him to me because I got trapped by a snake under the hammock (long story)...apparently snakes and geese don't get along.  To be honest, geese really don't get along with much of anything.  Ubu hated the lawnmower, big wheels, shoe laces, frogs, bracelets, earrings and most people.  The garbage men would grab a lid from the trash can and use it as a shield when they picked up the trash....a hissing goose with a 5 foot wing span running down the driveway to protect his trash can be a bit daunting....they would jump back on the garbage truck and throw the trash can lid, frisbee style, at Ubu...lucky for Ubu they were not ultimate frisbee players. 
Ubu ended up at a park with a lake.  He and the other geese that lived there were relocated at some point....  people couldn't get out of their cars.

...anyway, the wild turkeys ran into the woods when I parked so I have no idea if they were fierce or not.  I sort of think not....they were a bit too silly looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment