Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gelato and a Frog in The Water Bowl

I've finished my first week of school. I've thrown 30 or so questionable cylinders. I've drawn some negative space.  I've looked at slides of some really old pottery. I've come home covered in mud every night....I love this!
I drove back to Atlanta this weekend for a visit with my dear one and a hair appointment.....because once you find the perfect stylist you just drive there (M4 Studio)..... no matter what.
Atlanta was hot...but pretty.  We had some delicious grits for breakfast this morning and then had the best gelato ever.....actually, it was the first gelato I've ever had.  Much yum!  It was made by a gelato aficionado named Paolo.
The drive home was exciting.  Someone decided to stop on the interstate.  This is never good.  Cars slid around, horns were blown,  the smell of burning rubber was in the air.  Amazingly no one crashed...however Rufus (my big dog) ended up in the front seat with me....along with everything else that had been so carefully packed.  After I figured out the reason my car wouldn't move was due to Rufus slamming us into neutral (thank goodness not reverse) I found a pull over spot and put things back as best as possible...the rest of the trip was uneventful....
But, when I got home there was a bit of an event.....there was a frog swimming in Rufus' water bowl!
How did it get in the house?
Oh dear lord what else might be in the house?
And....I had mopped the floor with creature deterring peppermint oil before I left on Saturday!  Just imagine what would have been in here had I simply used Mr Clean?
I drove down to my parents and got my dad to come and remove it.  When my dad got out of the car there was a really, really big spider on his shoulder (never tell someone not to move and expect them to remain calm while you muster the courage to brush off what ever the creature is that demands stillness).  Dad pretty much held still while I found a shred of courage ( I really hate spiders) and did a sort of crazy dance brush off thing.  We took a moment to regroup and then turned our attention to the frog. It was doing the breast stroke around the edge of the bowl.  When dad picked the bowl up the frog stopped and just looked at him.
I hope he enjoyed his late night flight across the yard.
I hope there's nothing else in here with me tonight.....

1 comment: