Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Skeksis, Still off Center and Some Random Oddness

I know this is a poor quality picture...... it's hard to take a picture while doing the creepy-all-over-dance.
Behold the Skeksis (wild turkey)...a truly ugly creature.. and alarmingly large.  This one is probably 3 feet tall.  I saw it from the corner of my eye.... outside my bedroom window.  (I was having a lie down after another depressing day of not centering clay and yet another sleepless night wondering what I've gotten myself into.  Surely this will get better...I'll keep showing up and ruining 25 to 50 pounds of clay a day and eventually my muse will realize I'm serious and throw me a bone...I'm counting on this.)  Anyway, this turkey was on the deck looking in the window at me..............Rufus just slept.

Yesterday, while I was out at the chigger bench talking to my daughter, I saw something in the woods.  Normally I don't venture past the patio but this was odd....it was orange...it was large enough for me to notice....so I abruptly (as is my way) ended our conversation and ventured out past the safety of the concrete into The Woods!  Here is a photo of what I found....coral!
Who knew?
I also found a lime and a potato......


















1 comment:

  1. It was an abrupt end...... but that is so cool. Glad you got a picture before your phone dead! It was worth the abrupt end to are talk!

    ReplyDelete