Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

                 Happy New Year from the shed!


I spent today working on Mother Earth...she'll be holding the earth with the oceans cut out so you can put an incense cone in the middle of the earth (at least that's the plan so far)....anyway, it's been a while since I've worked with anything but porcelain and at one point today things were going so badly I decided to remove mother's head (which I liked), dispose of the wonky body and start over with a new body tomorrow...but, I started adding branches for hair and she became more appealing...wonk and all...so, I think I'll keep going with her.
The top picture is Mother Earth's too heavy head being held up with a sponge awaiting her fate (I think she looks a bit worried).
The other two pictures are prehands and mid hair (branches)... I'll probably add more hair tomorrow and some branches around her base and maybe some birds..... and cut the oceans out from the earth...which I made on a very wee balloon that I almost passed out from trying to blow up.
She looks a little bit like my grandma Fox when she was young.  The nose perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment