Friday, January 7, 2011

Real Saints Wear Plaid....Sometimes

These are Saint Lawrence (patron saint of cooks) and Saint Valentine (patron saint of the unlucky in love) icon boxes...the small blop next to St Valentine is a heart bead that will be hanging from him somewhere...or not...I guess it will all depend if I can locate the bead in the ashes when I raku it! You can't really tell in the picture but Saint Valentine is wearing plaid...no particular reason...it just seemed the thing to do.  After these have been raku fired I'll add beads and springy wires and charms. I have a photographer friend coming tomorrow to take photos of some of the finished icon boxes for my Etsy shop...I'll post some of those pictures here also...they really are quite nice when they're finished.
There's a festival coming up in May that I've entered and I'm planning on mainly taking icon boxes and hamsa hands...I really do need to get busy!

1 comment: