Friday, March 29, 2013

Cold, Snowy Glaze Day And Saint Brendan

Monday was windy and cold and snowy.  I stayed home from school because I wasn't sure I'd make it up my road later that evening.....I probably wouldn't have.....it just kept snowing...all through Tuesday...and then it was all gone!
I did get some glazing done on several raku pieces I've been working on.  Hopefully the new Raku kiln will be here soon and I can fire them!
I also made a Saint Brendan icon....he's the patron saint of older adventurers.....
When he was 80 he set sail from Ireland to find the promised land.....he didn't find it but he did have a picnic on a whale's back (I do love saint stories)!
When he's finished the little compass will be hanging from the bottom of the box.

P.S.... he's looking through a spyglass...not chugging wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment