Saturday, March 30, 2013

Summer Solstice Fern Icon

Eventually, I'm going to make cards for the five sacred summer solstice plants (like the winter solstice cards...see the 1/30/2013 post) but while I wait for my pen muse to visit I made a raku icon for the first of them....fern (because the clay muse seems to visit more frequently than the pen muse...and it's almost time to eat fiddleheads...yum!)
To give someone the gift of a fern is to give them the hope of confidence, shelter, wealth and happiness....and, as an added bonus, protection from lightning damage!...so, give someone a fern......better yet buy this one and give it to someone you love and care about.
She's 48.00 and on the back has a hanger to hang her (!) on the wall...otherwise, she'll join my other pieces at Gallery 262 on Main Street in Waynesville, N.C.


...my small icons (like this one) are approximately 4" X 2 1/2" and have a tiny (get out your readers) handwritten card with their story included

1 comment: